The Interview Process

As we approach graduation, the pressure of getting a job will begin to build. Part of that pressure is the interview process. For me, I am always a nervous wreck anytime I have to interview, present a presentation or just talk in front of a crowd all together. Fortunately, I got the opportunity to practice these skills with a mock interview assignment. I found it to be very beneficial to get to practice these skills and get the chance to hear some potential questions that could be asked. 

One thing I thought I did well was remain calm. I actually was not as nervous as I thought I would be and I am very happy about that. At the beginning of the interview I was thrown for a loop when a button fell off my jacket when I went to shake the interviewees hand. In my mind I was thinking of course this would happen to me but I am proud of myself for remaining calm and brushing it off.

As I got the interviewees feedback, one thing I can do better in the future is talking about personal experiences and relating those to the questions asked. It is important that I begin to create a personal identity and establish the ability to talk about this identity. I think showing the interviewee who you really are is extremely important and something I need to work on. 

Lastly, I think this experience was extremely valuable and I am glad to have gotten the opportunity to participate in it. As I mentioned before interviewing for jobs is something we will be doing very soon and its great that we got to practice these skills a little. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT Acute Care Observation Hours

Nutrition Interventions