OT in War World II

I have always been a war world II history buff. Starting out as a freshman in college I thought I would major in history until I found out there was a lot more to history than just the interesting events like War World II. Today in our foundations class, we did projects on the specific decades and how occupational therapy grew during that decade. I thought everyone did a great job but in particular due to my interest in War World II, I found the 1940s to be very interesting. In all the classes teaching us about the war, I never knew how big a role occupational therapy played. With millions of people needing care, the need for occupational therapists in military hospitals increased dramatically. During this time the therapists helped the soldiers with rehabilitation so they could return to the line of duty. From here it was very cool to see how occupational therapy has grown from only having 21 programs in the 1940s to over 400 hundred in 2018. The growth has been tremendous and it is really cool to see the field of OT continue to grow and become more and more of a necessity for many individuals.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT Acute Care Observation Hours

Nutrition Interventions

Assistive Technology