OT Acute Care Observation Hours

When I first started getting my observation hours in occupational therapy, I observed at a hospital in Arkansas. At the time I knew it was an acute care setting but did not know the specifics of what acute care entailed. As I have started OT school I have come to realize acute care is a type of setting where the patients stay is not going to be long. This was particular true in the case of the therapist I worked with. He performed therapy to clients on the ICU floor of the hospital. Throughout my time here shadowing I do not think we ever saw the same patient twice, but it was an interesting experience where I learned a lot. I think now as I have learned more about the practice of occupational therapy, I would enjoy the observation process more. I feel as if even though, I have only been in school for a little while, I am much more knowledgeable about the field. I think having this knowledge would help me understand what is going on as well as be able to ask more knowledgeable questions regarding the treatments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutrition Interventions

Assistive Technology