Comparing Glyph's
As we start to wind down the end of coursework in my career as an OT student, we were tasked with drawing a glyph self-portrait of a leader. In drawing the glyph different features represent different characteristics of a leader This is something we did at the very beginning of our schooling as well. When we were finished we were asked to compare and contrast the one we drew just the other day to the one we drew in the first few weeks of school. So here we go: To begin, my characters were relatively similar and almost identical. Both have square heads meaning leadership stems from nurture over nature. I firmly believe that over time we can learn to be a leader just because we mature, we gain skills, and we have the ability to observe and model our actions after other effective leaders. Both have small eyes meaning there is an equal mix of leaders and non-leaders in the field of OT. After reflecting I wish I could go back and change the small eyes to big eyes meaning the majorit...
Joe,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing! That is very cool your CI was a lymphedema specialist!! You will have to tell me more about it when we get back to campus! I am also excited about the management course we will be taking this summer! Great job!
Joe,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your video! I suppose we all have the same mentality, we want to know more about reimbursement/funding and insurance companies. This upcoming class in the summer will definitely alleviate our anxiety about it. Also, I am sure you will be great at implementing interventions! We are about to have 24 weeks of practice, you will become an expert! Thank you for sharing, see you next semester!